Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You May Kiss The Bride?

I found these pics doing my rounds today and I just had to share. The wedding looks beautiful, and it was small with only 19 guests....but as great as the two brides look... something just looks a little off!

Anyway, here you go, have a look and share your thoughts.

Here come the brides! An ecstatic Ellen DeGeneres, 50, and longtime girlfriend Portia de Rossi, 35 (both in custom-made Zac Posen designs), swapped "I do's" during an intimate candlelit ceremony held at their L.A. home on Aug. 16. Getting married "is not something we've ever taken for granted," says de Rossi. "That we get to do this, it means a lot."


THEIR LUCKY DAY
"I'm the luckiest girl in the world," says DeGeneres of her "soul mate" de Rossi, as the couple enjoy an intimate moment to themselves. "She's now officially off the market. No one else gets her. And now she'll cook and clean for me."


SHARE & SHARE ALIKE
DeGeneres and de Rossi share a laugh between bites of a vegan red-velvet wedding cake from baker Sweet Lady Jane. Their big day was filled with sweet moments – and emotion – as the couple exchanged personal vows in front of 19 of their closest friends and relatives. Says de Rossi, "The love we felt from the people surrounding us, and the love we have for each other, made it the most beautiful and emotional day."



STUCK ON HER
DeGeneres and de Rossi take time out for a newlywed moment before their reception. Following dinner, the couple danced to their favorite love song, Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky." DeGeneres also surprised her bride with an acoustic performance by one of her favorite singers, Joshua Radin.


AN INTIMATE SIT-DOWN
DeGeneres and de Rossi, who exchanged platinum wedding bands designed by Neil Lane (who also designed de Rossi's marquis-cut diamond engagement ring), have eyes only for each other as their guests join them for an intimate sit-down dinner.


THE 21 CLUB
During the reception, the 19 guests and the couple sat along a long table filled with floral centerpieces of Ecuadorian roses and café au lait dahlias created by L.A. florist Mark's Garden and dined on vegetable spring rolls and miniature "beef" sliders from the all-vegan menu prepared by the couple's personal chef David Silberkleit.



COURTESY OF PEOPLE.COM

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what looks off?

Anonymous said...

lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll tell u what looks off to me
(2 females), that's what...
That said, I do love Ellen but I'm a bit conservative when it comes to sexual orientation
lmao

Dropsofglamour said...

Yes i'm also quite conservative on that front but most of the western world has moved on and generally accept it. Mmmm...i think Ellen could have done better with her outfit.

TigerTem said...

@ tae...hmmm

@hot4fendi...I think most people are probably more conservative with most things than they'd like to admit.

@dropsofglamour...you know what, I think you've hit the nail on the head. I think its Ellen's outfit. That's what's a little off to me. For your big day, a little bit more effort is required non?

Anonymous said...

i'm sure wot looks off is two very female pple having such a 'moment'

no matter how modern we get, i just cant get over or above it, the lenght of hair or style of outfit does nothing to help!

Anonymous said...

at least, in all honesty. they are true to themselves. at least...they r not hiding in the closet...you get me. not judging tho...just saying

Bunmmy said...

mrs and mrs....hmmm sick

nice outfits though!

Daddy's Girl said...

LOL at the comments... I actually am not feeling the poses they adopted for the pictures. It looks a bit staged and 'oh, look how happy we are' to me. I guess all celebrity pictures are that way but it just seems more so for these two. Also I just don't think they look that good together (and not just for the obvious reason).

TigerTem said...

@Anon...I think you're right. To an extent, almost everyobody has a prejudice of some sort towards something.

@2coldforcomfort...I agree. Better out than in!

@Bunmmy...I love Portia's dress, not so keen on Ellen's suit. She looks the same as she always does.

@Dady's Girl...a lot of people had a lot to say that's for sure. Good point about how staged all the pics look.