Sunday, December 9, 2007

17 days and counting…..sssssnake!

What is it about snakes? I have a full on heart-attack inducing level phobia of the real deal. Last time I went to the zoo with my friend and her younger siblings, I completely refused to go into the snake pit. Euuuewwwww…..aaahhhhhh!

The really real looking snakeskin….euuuwwww. I remember when one of my craftsmen brought some python skin for me to use. It was in its raw untreated form and I nearly puked, after I got over the shock at the 2.5 m length. I would most definitely have a heart attack if I saw a snake over twice my size.

But give me the ubertreated, preened to within an inch of its reality, dyed stuff that’s been cut and worked to perfection…preferably in a very un-snakelike colour like silver…and I’m fine.

I found these very cool bangles for Tiger Tem…what do you think? They look rather fabulous on and they went into the store on Saturday so pop in to check them out. (Tiger Tem, 22 Musa Yaradua, VI, Lagos)

But my absolute favourite snake inspired piece we have is this Serpiente ring. Love it, love it, love it. I had this ring in white but I was out and a friend loved it so much, she absolutely refused to believe it wasn’t for sale. So in the interest of fostering good relations for Tiger Tem, I sold it. So now I’ve picked out the red one with the big flower. They’re all out in Tiger Tem now….and selling like hotcakes….so make sure you don’t miss out!


xoxo

1 comment:

Uzo said...

Dont like snakes either...the black version of the ring is hot but i still prefer the white one....