Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Blacker The Berry?

Salacious gossip being the order of the day, Djimon ‘The Bod’ Hounsou (see fig 1 and fig 2 for verification of that title) and Kimora ‘She Take My Money’Simmons are engaged. Once you go black you don't go back ya?


Fig. 1


Fig. 2

Yep. They’ve been dating, went public fairly recently and now it seems he popped a right bobby dazzler on her finger and they interesting duo look set to hop, skip and jump down the isle.

Now, I’m no hater. I had nothing against Kimora, all factors against her notwithstanding (too many to go into here google her). Until I saw her on cribs and oh my golly gosh. She was just a little bit too excited about a house that was hers for me to feel her heart was really in the right place. And then I saw the vitriol with which she treated the girls when she was a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model. Kimora? She no nice lady.

Don’t really have an opinion of any strength on Djimon. Seems straightforward enough. He was great in Blood Diamonds, didn’t really see what all the fuss was about with Amistad but I guess he looked the part.

In a recent interview in Harper’s Bazaar Kimora said and I quote “"He's a reality check for me, and I'm a fabulosity check for him". That doesn’t sound good no matter how many times you read it.


Pic from the Harper's shoot.

And my favourite Djimon quote is "My first impression has always been the same: that she's a beautiful lady, very capable and intelligent and smart with great family values. You see her reality show, and some would call her a quote-unquote high-maintenance lady. Some people may look at it as if it's a honeymoon stage, but she's the least high-maintenance lady I've ever dated. I'll bet my hand on that. Or however you say it."

Hmm. Perhaps that’s because she’s being rather regally maintained by Russell non?


And please, just look at this picture. It’s a classic look-at-my-ring-but-I’m-pretending-I’m-not-showing-you-my-ring. Yawn. (note: this was well before it was released that said couple are indeed engaged)



I think the bottom line for me is she's just dry and something just ain't right about her. But regardless, lets end on a happy note.



p.s. rumour mill is working overtime on the idea that Kimora is now a scientologist...what's up with that?

6 comments:

Dropsofglamour said...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!Not her!Thats all i have to say :-)

TigerTem said...

@ girlie...I suspect Kimora's clwas might be a little sharper than your!

@ oyinkan..I'm so with you on that!

SET said...

LOL, I WAS HERE CHECKING THEM OUT ON YESTERDAY AS WELL AND HE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT BECAUSE SHE IS DEF SMILING A LOT LATELY.

Daddy's Girl said...

Nice piece, love your sense of humour. Yeah, I'm no fan of Kimora's either. Can't believe she said 'I'm a fabulosity check for him'. What? I want to cringe for her but she probably thinks it's a great soundbite!

Anonymous said...

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice...(got an sms lyk tht b4)

They're engaged now....the hollywood life!!!!

Anonymous said...

How can you leave Simmons for 'The Bod'. So she basically suffered for years with the cash cow - now she's ready to get her rocks off abi? Nonsense