Thursday, July 24, 2008

These Heels Weren't Made For Walking

As you might have noticed I've been getting a little shoe obsessed lately. Too much of a good thing is never enough in my opinion. Today I've got a collection of the craziest but absolutely utterly fabulous shoes around. But reader beware, these shoes were definitely not made for walking!


First up we have my favourites of the bunch. These are from Maison Martin Margiela. he's known for his quirky eccentric designs and I can promise these shoes look so sublimely sexy when worn. If you happen to have a spare bit of cash www.eluxury.com has reduced them from $545 to $385.


Next we have these pieces of fabulosity from Giuseppe Zanotti. On www.saks.com they're down from $550 to $330. And you know all eyes would be on you bopping round the dancefloor in these babies. Love them. I have some that are kind of similar and they are by far the most complimented items I own.



Marcy Marc brought out the funky bunch with these two pairs. I love them, probably prefer the pink as I don't really do black shoes, I prefer a pop of colour on my feet regardless of what I'm wearing, there's always a way to make that work. And I tend to prefer open to closed toe shoes for eveningwear. A little more sexy don't you think?
The black pair are down from $590 to $236 on www.saks.com.

The pink pair are down from $587 to $350 on www.eluxury.com. I love the back of these. Its the little details like this that set shoes like this apart in the style stakes.


I'm not necessarily crazy about snakeskin shoes but there's something about these Miu Miu Whisnake Degrade wedges that caught my eye. Can you see the expertise in how that heel was carved out? Wedges are many things but rarely elegant but these ones manage to toe the line of stylish elegance fabulously. Reduced $540 to $252 on www.saks.com.



I suspect these Veronique Branquinho shoes might look a little clumpy but worn with supertight skinnies or a shirt skirt, you might just manage to pull them off. Reduced from $575 to $345 at www.saks.com.

Now I know for people in America these prices are still a little high but for people in the UK and Europe, the same prices hover around £100+ which considering the price of Kurt Geiger these days.....is not bad at all.

xoxo

5 comments:

Marian said...

its the season of the shoe!
xx
Marian

Naija Babe said...

"These shoes were made for posing, and that just what they'll do, one of these days these shoes are going to vogue right over you"

Ha! Couldn't resist. I too, have a thing for shoes, though I'm more Samantha to your Carrie. Although I tell you these days I have discovered the beauty in a stylish and comfortable flat.

Kira Aderne said...

Those shoes are fantastic!!!

love them all!

a kiss my friend!

Uzo said...

Oh fab....I have a shoe thing and these pairs are interesting...The first pair looks very very interesting...Not feeling the Marc ones or the cluby heeled ones...dont like wedges very much but the Miu Miu ones are tres hot....

TigerTem said...

@Marian...yes it is.

@naijababe...very funny. And very interesting...you're samantha to my carrie. I like a good flat but more often tha not they're not as comfortable as they should be...unless they're flip flops.


@kira..obrigada!

@uzo...i think I love the first pair the most too.